Monday, August 6, 2007

To my dear friends, Forerunners and Perdana cell members,

I am requesting for a personal prayer.

My work: 30-Hr Famine

  • This year the planning of the campaign went totally out of hand. Initially plan to have it in Jul, was being postponed by the stadium to mid Sep that is clashing with major exams like PMR & SPM & some of the uni programs.

  • We have an objective to raise RM1.5 million for KL Famine.... we still have less than a month, 26 Aug is the closing date, and we have only gotten 12%....

  • Everything that was planned earlier went out of hand. Initial intensive promotion to schools went down to the drain.... we circulated nearly 2500 cards to interested schools, colleges and universities during Apr-May, so far only 191 returned (incl. 50 blank cards) when we initially plan for 31 Jul is the closing date for them. Reasons given are absurd, unexpected inccidents pop up that disrupt the flow. 26 Aug is the closing date and we have only 131 registered for the camp so far....and i am not sure why we still have 6000 cards floating in the market now and could not come back.

  • Initial working initiatives with the media met with lots of difficulties & changes as well. We are facing difficulties in delivering effective messages to the public now. In the past, our media partners have always guaranteed good publicity exposure for this campaign.

  • When we plan to rely heavily on the website, it fails us again by giving us poor website company that could not provide us with prompt and efficient services.

  • The key success factors for the program: AV, Emcees and Group Leaders. We are facing problems in meeting the production deadline due to insufficient/delay info provided by our partners; lack of one bilingual emcee who could work well with chemistry. The initial 2 emcees that we have, one is good, another one could never make it for rehearsals due to tight schedule....we are frantically searching now for a replacement. Group leaders.... still in shortage and the quality cannot be guaranteed.

I am requesting this for prayer for i sense something not right. I am not sure if i should pray against the works of Satan now or i should pray for repentance now if we have been doing it by our own wisdoms and plans but not His. ( ok, something pop into my mind that says: "Not by wisdom, not by might, but by the power of the Holy Spirit" when i ask Him... pls help me to discern what He means. Is He withdrawing the blessings becoz of our disobedience or He is planning something for us to glorify His name?)

I received 2 verses on Hab. 2:3 & Psalms 27:14 in asking me to wait boldly... but i am not sure if He is refering to my personal prayers for my family, my friends, my future & my church OR my work now. I need help in discernment.

Lately doing the 40-day prayer plus preparing myself as one of the prayer ministers in the upcoming methodist prayer conference.... strange "God's inccidents" happened too that shows His mercy works on people, but i am no longer sure what is happening and discerning His voice for which prayers i had.

Well, i thought i can manage things alone with God through prayers... somehow this time round i sense that He wants me to get help?

If you have any impressions from Him while you pray, do kindly share with me what it is so that i could make adjustments accordingly.

Thank you for your precious time in prayers.

God bless,

chingyen


No comments: