Friday, May 16, 2008

BMC testimony (Elin)

I came to know Christ via a broken relationship that I experienced in early 2001.

The bible was first given to me by my ex boyfriend, a backslided Christian. A feverent reader by nature, I was not offended at the sight of it. In fact, I blazed through the first chapter of the bible as it is peppered with many amazing stories of miracles and courage. For obvious reasons to all readers of the bible, I did not go beyond the chapter of Exdous. During the last stage of my relationship with him, he demanded that I go to Church with him if we were to give the relationship going. Of course, I did out of the great desire for him. This started my amazing journey with God.

I went Church hopping with my ex boyfriend, who was trying to find a Church to settle in. I wasn’t sure what was to him, the deciding factor of the best Church. However going to a Church, provided a form of peace and brief moment of restoration to my soul. I was holding on to every word that comes out from the pastor's mouth like a form of hope and praying with all my heart that the man standing front of me would love me once more. Without knowing what the concept of prayer is, I was already journaling incessantly everything that was going on in my life to this God. Amazingly even though the relationship did not work out, I was still going to Church on my own as it was the way that I knew how to find the momentary of peace and hope that I very much needed at that point of time.

Nov 2001 marked the start of my life transforming journey. I received Christ at New Creation Church. Since then, God and I have been walking together like old pals through thick and thin. As I did not get to know God through the best circumstance, in the infancy of my faith, I already knew that I could present my true self before His throne of grace and count on Him to hold me in His tender, loving hands.

I can still recount the day when I was sitting in my bedroom in tears, He came and said to me ' I have taken your ex boyfriend away from you but I have given you the best gifts ever which are Church and cell'. As I grow in my faith, I know the greatest gift that He has ever given is actually His Son, Jesus.

Glory to God for all that He has done in my life. I am excited about my impending marriage (baptism) to this LORD! Like what the wedding vows always say ‘For riches or poor, in sickness or in health’…May the LORD have mercy on me, as I carry the cross in the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments: