Monday, November 10, 2008

Thoughts from Forerunners Adult Retreat 2008 - Marcus

Marcus’ Thoughts from Forerunners Adult Retreat 2008

“Driven by Eternity” lives up to its name, to wake up Christians all over and challenge all on what it really means to be preparing for eternity with God (and not the devil)

And I’m one such person. It’s good fright to know that Affabel’s characters are some of the traits that surface in my life now and then. What have I been doing about it?

It’s encouraging to know God’s wonderful plan for us and hell was created for the devil and his minions, not us. God has paved the way and sets such high expectations that it can only be fulfilled through Jesus. He has not deserted us (yet), but has shown us the way to live and how we can achieve eternal life with God. The question is “am I living the life that God has intended?” Holy and Righteous, Faithful and Obedient…

Prior to this retreat, I was deep in thoughts on a particular question “What does it mean to be a Christian?” … and I’d say the retreat provided a good and apt answer. I’m very taken aback by my lack of the “Fear of the Lord” in my life, and enlightened just how important it goes hand in hand with Love of God. This is indeed a necessary basic Christian doctrine that must be emphasized. And Spiritual Disciplines are important to develop the Christian fundamentals, developing a healthy thirst for God’s Word and a heart for service. I’m also encouraged to “Believe what I read” rather than “Read what I believe”. All these lessons are beneficial and necessary these days.

I believe we’re living in the end times, and on borrowed Grace. How much longer can I go on testing God’s Grace? I believe many of us can identify with Paul when he “want to do what is right, but don’t do it. Instead, he do what he hates” (Romans 7:14 – 25). In the first morning QT, I’m led to read 1 John 1:5-10. A lack of Christ and His teachings leads us to walk in darkness. The converse is true, to Walk in the Light, we have to fellowship with Jesus. It’s time to stop deceiving ourselves and wise up. And that is so necessary. The Time is Now! We’ll never know when Jesus will come again, so make haste the need to return to the Lord and walk in His Ways.

Let’s press on together, in Christ and with one another. We have to spur one another on. We’re our brothers-keeper. Remember God’s two greatest commands: Love God & Love People.

Living for eternity,
~Marcus

No comments: